The SRJC HOPE (Health Occupation Preparation Education) Program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and motivates students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its students who are interested in pursuing a career in a health related field.
The HOPE Program provides the following services:
- Academic tutoring, which may include instruction in writing, study skills, mathematics, science, and other subjects.
- Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection.
- Assistance with information on both the full range of student financial aid programs, benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships; and assistance in completing financial aid applications.
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy.
- Assistance in applying for admission to, and obtaining financial assistance for enrollment in four-year programs.
The HOPE Program may also provide individualized counseling for personal, career, and academic information, activities, and instruction designed to acquaint students with career options; exposure to cultural events and academic programs not usually available; mentoring programs.
For information about degree and certificate programs please visit the Health Sciences Department website.